1. What is Covered?
This warranty covers any defects in materials or workmanship in any product sold by Superchips or its affiliates through its authorized dealers (Product)
2. What will Superchips Do?
Superchips will repair or replace the defective or malfunctioning Product or any defective or malfunctioning part thereof at no charge. This warranty covers parts and labor only. Superchips will reimburse you for all reasonable shipping charges within thirty (30) days of purchase.
3. What Does This Warranty Not Cover?
This warranty does not cover any problem that is caused by abuse, misuse, acts of God, or improper installation or repair by non-Superchips personnel. This warranty does not cover Products purchased used nor does it apply to Products purchased from on-line auctions or entities that are not Superchipsâ€™ authorized dealers. This warranty does not cover damage to your vehicle. Use of the Product to change the performance characteristics of your vehicle could invalidate the warranty provided by the vehicle manufacturer. Consult your vehicle warranty before using the Product on your vehicle. SUPERCHIPS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
4. How Do You Get Service?
If something goes wrong with your Product during the warranty period, use the following procedure to return the Product to Superchips.
1. Call Superchips™ Customer Service at 1-888-227-2447 Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm EST to request a Return Authorization number.
2. Mark the outside of the shipping package with the RA number. Packages that are not marked with the RA number will be refused.
3. Make a copy of your sales receipt. The sales receipt must be from the location where you purchased your Product and must include the name of the business where you purchased the Product and the address of such business. Invoices, credit card statements, or sales receipts from an online payment service company will not be accepted.
4. Send the Product, postage paid, the copy of the sales receipt, a brief written description of the problem, and your contact information to:
1790 East Airport Blvd
Sanford, FL 32773
Attn: Warranty Claims
We will inspect the Product and either repair it or replace it with a new or rebuilt Product. We reserve the right to use refurbished parts when making repairs.
5. Your Rights Under State Law:
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
6. Will it void my warranty?
No. It is illegal for a dealership to void your warranty based solely on the fact that you have installed an aftermarket product. But always remove the tuning before going to a dealer for service.
For information regarding denial of warranty coverage, go to the SEMA website.
7. Is it safe to purchase a Superchips product off an Internet Auction site?
We are sorry to say the answer is probably not. We get calls from too many unsuspecting buyers that bought what they thought was a new product, only to find out it was used and unusable. Superchips, Inc’s warranty applies to the original owner only. We do not warrant any used products.
You must provide a copy of the sales receipt in your name for any warranty service.
8. Will it damage my transmission?
No. In most cases, transmission operation is improved.
9. Why won't the chip or Tuner work on my vehicle? It's the same motor.
While the motor may be the same, the programming of the computer can and usually does change from one model vehicle to another and from one year to the next. If the label on the Tuner states 96-03, it won’t work on an 04 model.
10. How do I find a dealer in my area?
Go to our Find a Dealer page by clicking on the link at the top of this page, scroll down and enter your area code and first 3 digits of your local exchange. Alternatively, you can call 800-898-2447 for the nearest Superchips dealer.
11. How difficult is this to install?
Usually installation takes less than 10 minutes and requires no automotive knowledge whatsoever.
12. Will this improve my fuel mileage?
While we design our programs specifically for more performance and better drivability, in most cases the vehicle gets better fuel mileage.
13. Can my vehicle be returned back to stock?
Yes, by simply removing the program setting.
14. Does your product require a higher grade fuel than 87 octane?
While some Superchips products give you the choice of running 87 or 91-93 octane fuel, most vehicles require the use of 91- 93 octane fuel to get the advertised increase in Horsepower and Torque output.
15. Do you have all throttle point tuning?
Yes, we tune at all throttle positions, from idle to full.
16. Will it remove the speed limiter?
In most vehicles this option is available. Please check our products page for your vehicle-specific list of options.
17. What type of warranty does Superchips carry?
All of our products come with a 30-day money-back guarantee as well as a limited 12-month warranty from the date of purchase. Your sales receipt is your proof of purchase and is required for any warranty coverage.
18. Can I stack a Superchips performance product on top of another product?
NO! Superchips does not recommend the stacking of our product on top of any other performance-enhancing chip, module, or tuner. Superchips will not warrant or be liable for any damage caused by the stacking of our Superchips product on top of another performance-enhancing chip or programmer.
19. Will the Superchips Tuner work with aftermarket modifications?
Typically our tuning is designed to work with basically stock vehicles.
Cat-back Exhaust is ok.
Shorty headers are ok on normally aspirated applications.
Cold Air intake is typically ok, but only when the mass air meter is the same distance from the throttle body as with the stock intake.
Bigger down pipes on diesel typically work fine except on the 6.0L Ford where the bigger down pipes hurt the low-end torque of the motor.
20. Tuner needs update. What do I do?
Once the tuner states Need Update, write down the files shown on the tuner display, turn off the ignition and unplug the tuner. Locate the original sales receipt and call Superchips if you have a Max Tuner or log onto Flashpaq.com if you have a Flashpaq Tuner.
21. Why doesn't my Tuner display screen light up when I plug it in?
On Fords, GMs, and some Dodges, your cigarette lighter fuse may be blown. Other Dodge products will have a blown fuse other than the cigarette lighter fuse.
22. What is the difference between "Peak" HP gains, and "Max" HP gains?
Peak HP gains are measured at the RPM level that the stock motor made its highest horsepower. Max HP gains are measured at the RPM level with the greatest gain overstock.
Simply: Max is the most or widest range between stock and Superchips. Peak is the gain at the vehicle’s highest rating.
23. What do I do if I am taking the vehicle to the dealer?
Always, make sure you take the tuning out of your vehicle and return it to stock before going to the dealer for any kind of service. There is a fee you will have to pay if you leave the tuning in your vehicle and the dealer flashes over it.