- WHATS A “STINGER” INJECTOR?
- THE BENEFITS OF BALANCED INJECTORS.
- BENEFITS OF BALANCED INJECTORS:
- IMPORTANT NOTES
Its not uncommon for a set of factory “tolerance” selected injectors to be on either end of the tolerance. Even an injector that’s flowed to be +/- 9% of each other gives a total range of variance close to 18% between the high and the low.
Over LEAN cylinders = HOT
Over RICH cylinders = Induced WOT lean conditions as PCM over compensates, removes fuel across the board. This typically causes too much fuel to be removed from all cyliders at WOT.
Now lets say you have 1 injector on the -9% lean one is +6% and remaining 3 are in the +9%. So you basically have one cylinder that is lean with the majority running to the high rich side of their tolerance. Now you put these injectors into service and the PCM decided that there is too much fuel… because the PCM reads the AFR of ALL combined cylinders, it removes an equal amount of fuel from all injectors making the already lean injector even leaner. This cylinder will run hotter and make less power because its receiving less fuel than the others. This is why its not uncommon for customers to gain 15+RWHP simply by stepping up to a set of our “Stinger” balanced injectors.
Because all cylinders are using the same amount of fuel, your PCM is able to more accurately meter the fuel which equates to improved fuel efficiency. Its not uncommon to see 3+MPG increase after installing balanced fuel injectors.
- Stinger injectors are grouped in sets balanced to flow within 1-2% of each other.
- Each cylinder creates an equal amount of power per combustion cycle.
- When the PCM adds or removes fuel, each balanced injector insures no cylinders become over lean or rich, the lack of over lean cylinders helps the engine run cooler.
- Each cylinder makes an equal amount of power
- 15HP gains are typical simply from swapping the factory tolerance balanced injectors with our “Stinger” balanced injectors
- 3+ MPG increase is common.
Our 30lb and 36lb injectors are modified and flow matched. These are intended for modified performance applications.